Cell: (732) XXX XXX
Pro-active and results-orientated professional with ten years of progressive experience in all aspects of accounting and financial management. Strong knowledge and practical application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) with hands-on experience preparing and analyzing financial statements and establishing internal controls. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills demonstrated during the multi-billion merger of Trane Inc and Ingersoll-Rand Company Ltd and the divestiture of two divisions. Effectively communicates direction, commits people to action, and conveys complex information in easily understood formats.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· SEC reporting (10Q / 10K)
· Staff Management and Leadership
· Month End Close
· Merger / Divestiture Experience
· Sarbanes Oxley
· Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
· Operational and Financial Process review and improvements
INGERSOLL-RAND COMPANY LIMITED (2003 – 2008)
A $13bn global diversified industrial company
MAY 07 – SEP 08 Manager of Corporate Accounting, Piscataway, NJ
· Responsible for managing the Company’s Head Office general ledgers, performing Month-end close, and preparing financial statements and analysis, including variances to prior periods and budget.
· Prepared Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings including quarterly statements (10Q) and annual reports (10K).
· Areas of focus included Stock Options (FAS123R), Postemployment Benefits (FAS 106 and FAS 112), Incentive Compensation plans, Environmental Liabilities, Derivatives, Restructuring, and Insurance Reserves.
· Managed, trained, and supported four direct reports.
· Played a key role and developed solutions for the successful merger of Ingersoll-Rand Company Ltd with Trane Inc, the disposal of the Bath and Kitchen division, and the spin of the Automotive division.
· Covered for the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Director during maternity leave.
· Created strong internal controls leading to clean internal and external audits.
MAY 04 – APR 07 Internal Audit Supervisor, Piscataway, NJ
· Leading teams of up to 6 people, supervised financial audits and Sarbanes Oxley 404 audits in the Americas.
· Performed operational and financial audits of Corporate Head Office, Divisional Head Offices, Sales Offices (including Revenue Recognition), and manufacturing locations (including Cost Accounting).
· Developed Risk Assessment model to rank the Company’s business locations by audit risk.
· Developed several sections of the global Internal Audit methodology.
APR 03 – APR 04 Senior Internal Auditor, Brussels, Belgium
· Based in the European head office, acted as the global advisor to the Company’s Automotive division for the implementation of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 Section 404.
· Responsible for the successful project management of 19 locations worldwide.
· Developed and led several training sessions to educate employees about the Sarbanes Oxley Act and Internal controls.
British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) (2003)
Jan 03 – Mar 03: Business Support, London, England
· Reporting to the Finance director, led a project to perform a detailed variance review of the timesheet and billing systems and recommend improvements.
· Developed a new Balanced Scorecard for the finance department.
ERNST & YOUNG LLP (1998 – 2002)
SEP 98 – JAN 02: Assurance Executive (Audit), Manchester, England
· Performed audits for large publicly held companies in several industries including Business Services, Consumer Manufacturing and Retail, Energy and Utilities, Internet Services, and Computer Software.
· Key responsibilities included developing audit plans, leading client meetings, training and supervising staff, and preparing audit reports.
· Graded top of peer group by the firm’s Partners and Managers.
MANCHESTER UNIVERSITY, ENGLAND (1995 – 1998)
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accountancy and Finance
First-Class Honors - This is the highest grade achievable in England
· Best Accountant student
· Best Tax student
· Best student overall
QUALIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
PROFESSIONAL: Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) – England’s equivalent of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
OTHER: Mensa International – this society accepts individuals with an IQ in the top 2% of the population.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Five years of experience in the following reporting packages: Hyperion, SAP, and PeopleSoft.